Sometimes the easiest way to ease your stress is to do small manageable things to simplify your life. You will be amazed at how those small things add up to make one feel overwhelmed.
So here are some things you can do to ease your stress.
- Focus on one thing at a time. Sometimes we feel stressed because we tend to try to juggle too many balls at once. Rather sit back and write out all the things you need to do. Then decide what to tackle first, and give it your full attention. As you tick each thing off the list you will feel your stress start to ease up
- Pack your lunch or the kids school bags the night before. This will enable your mind to rest while you sleep instead of thinking of a million things you still have to do when you wake up.
- De-clutter. Throw out things that you haven’t used in a year. You will be amazed at how getting rid of the junk around you keeps you stress free.
- Keep your house tidy. And here I mean tidy and not just clean. Having things laying around adds a level of stress that you cant even imagine. So keep it tidy, and that includes that messy cupboard.
- Say less. When you are angry, say less. That includes the emails you may write at work. There are things we say in anger that we can’t take back, and it causes bigger problems when people start to react and it blows out of control. So listen more and say less.
- Don’t assume. There is a stress that comes when we start to guess what someone meant or what someone thinks. We tend to build castles in our minds around these assumptions. We stress over them, get sad and angry over them, and yet if we just asked for clarity we might see that what we assumed is wrong.
- Do a random act of kindness. You will find that if you do a random act of kindness a day, you will remove all the negativity and frustration from your life, as your focus shifts away from you and your stress and instead you get the gift of joy that comes with kindness. So whether you buy the person behind you in the Starbucks line a cup of coffee or if you bake muffins and give it to the beggar on the street, or leave a note in your husband or child’s lunch telling them how you love them. Be creative. Be kind.
- Stop doing what you hate to do. If its a job you hate, make a plan to find a way to go into a new career path. If its doing things to please people, then stop and see your own worth.
Remember there is a calm that comes in simplicity. So keep things simple. Do what’s small and manageable, and soon the mountain will disappear.
Remember Sharing is caring so please feel free to share this article with friends and family
Like my Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter